Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trek 2010 The Fire Of The Covenant Martins Cove




This was my third trek. I guess the Lord thinks I need to learn a lot by sending me on three treks. Well I hope I have learned it because if any of you have been on a trek you know it's not easy.  Scott and I were on the stake level. We were video and camera crew. Great calling! This trek was very different from the rest that I have been on.  I have always gone in July when it's hot. Well we went June 9th-12th. And it rained and it rained and it rained! It was cold we were wet. But of course I loved it.  I had some great spiritual experience. I would not of had had it not rained. Do you think that the earlier pioneers love the rain. NO. I am sure that they prayed harder then I did to have the Lord stop the rain. Believe me I was praying hard. I know that I could get in my warm tent, warm pj's and snuggle up to my dry husband. They had to sleep in their wet cloths.   Some of the froze to death. Wow what a great experience it was  for all of us who went. I am so grateful for our pioneers and all that they did so I can have the gospel in my life. I know that this is God's work and I am grateful to be a part of it.    

No comments: