Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom. I miss you!!



“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother’s image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child’s mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world. True, there comes a time when Father takes his place as exemplar and hero of the growing boy; and in the latter’s budding ambition to develop manly traits, he outwardly seems to turn from the more gentle and tender virtues engendered by his mother. Yet that ever-directing and restraining influence implanted during the first years of his childhood linger with him and permeate his thoughts and memory as distinctively as perfume clings to each particular flower.” 



David O. McKay


My mother passed away 14 yrs ago. I still miss her and feel her powerful influence in my life daily. I pray that I will honor her by living a Christlike life. She was amazing. Love you mom!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute. I'm sure your Mom is so proud of the woman, wife and mother you've become.