Monday, October 19, 2009

Carthage Jail



My cute nephew Kyle
Judy, Me and Debbie


Carthage Jail was the location of the martyrdom of the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum on June 27, 1844.



This last week my sisters and I went to Nauvoo for our sister's trip. We go on a trip once a year to keep close and just have a good time. This year we had a few extra people. Judy's son Kyle, Debbie's son Zac and my Dad and his wife Lila. ( Remember that my wonderful mother passed away.) Here are a few pictures from Carthage Jail.

I love Church History and each time I visit the history sites. My testimony grows. I love the early saints and all that they did so we can have what we have to day. I know that Joesph Smith was a Prophet of God!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had another fun sisters trip. It makes me want to go to Nauvoo just seeing all your fun pictures. I haven't been there since the temple was completed and I would love to see it!

Posie said...

I love that you do those trips. What a blessing to combine Church History while bonding with your sisters. Great idea!