Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yummy Granola. So easy!





In my YSA calling we make breakfast for the Relief Society Presidencies every month. This is one of their favorites. Sharon Bigler always makes it for them. So I thought I would try it to help Sharon next time. My husband loves it!!

Granola

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons maple
¼ cup canola oil
¾ Teaspoon Salt

Reserve 1 cup raisins (I used Craisins) to be folded in after cooking.

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl combine oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour into 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color. Remove from oven and transfer into a large brown and add raisins or craisins. And mix until evenly distributed

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you tried it and that Scott loves it.

Unknown said...

TASTY! Looks so much better than my store bought stuff. I need to try that!!