Monday, December 17, 2007

I have been taged. By Jill Dastrup

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper much more fun.

2. Real tree or artificial?

When growing up we always got a real tree. I have the fondest memories going to the tree lot and picking out a tree. I love the smell and the memories, it was hard to convert over to artificial. Now we do both. We have artificial at home and real at the cabin.

3. When do you put your tree up?

Usually around the 7 th of Dec. But the last two year we haven't gotten around to putting one up at home. This year it has been hard to feel the spirit of Christmas without a tree. At the cabin we put it up the week of Christmas.

4. When do you take it down?

At home as soon as possible. At the cabin some time not until February. It gets so cold at the cabin when we are not there the tree last a long time.

5. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?

Hot Chocolate!!! With lost of whipped cream!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

A baby doll. I loved playing with dolls and I can remember the plastic smell of the doll. The smell brings back so many great memories. My sister Judy and I got twin dolls it was so much fun.
PS My favorite gift ever is the new picture (You can see it on my blog) I got this year already, my picture of The Savior "Seeking the One" By Liz Lemon Swindle!!!!!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?

Yes. I have had it for years. I want another one the is bigger. Some day.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Scott, Granny, and my Dad. Granny has everything and I always want to buy her something she will love, because I love her so much and I want her to feel special. But what do you get her? Same with Scott, and my Dad

9. Easiest person to buy for?

My kids because it's fun and they bring the magic of Christmas.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?

When I was little I got a boy barbie, my older sister got the bendable barbie I wanted it. So I took it from her pile before she woke up. I think that when she did find out I took it she broke my Barbie's leg.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?


Mail with a picture! Don't send one without a picture that is the best part.

12. Favorite movie?

It's a wonderful life. Love it!

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Yam, and the pumpkin pie. I do love it all. But the best part is eating it with family and friends.

15. Clear or colored lights?

I love them both.

16. Favorite Christmas song?

Joy to the World. I love the message

17. Travel or stay home?

THE CABIN!!!!!! or travel either one. One year we went to Australia. We had a blast.

18. Can you name all the Santa's reindeer?

Yes I think so.

19. Angel or Star?

Star

20. Favorite Christmas memory?

I have many good ones, but I would say the first year we stayed at the cabin for Christmas and we had to snowmobile out to do our sub for Santa. It was so much fun. We have done a sub for Santa in Fairview for many years. We loved it. It is the best part of Christmas helping others.

I tag Jessie, Aly, Brittany, and Macie

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Thanks for tagging me!! I did it, check out my blog.

brittany said...

i bet Christmas at the cabin is absolutely lovely! thanks for tagging me!

Macie said...

Yay! I got tagged! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!