Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Pie

This is a family favorite!
A recipe from my good friend Karen Cope.

Chicken Broccoli Pie

1 lb. chopped chicken or turkey
1/4 C chopped onion
2 Tbsp flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 1/4 C milk
1 (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 (10 oz) pkg. chopped frozen broccoli
cooked and drained
4 oz. shredded cheese
(Cheddar, Mozzarella , or Jack)
Pastry for 9 inch pie pan
(I use Pillsbury pie dough!)
Saute chicken and onion in 1 Tbsp oil till
done. Add flour, coat chicken; add salt, garlic salt,
and milk. Stir until bubbly, add cream cheese until melted.
Stir some of hot mixture to egg, then stir egg into pan.
Add broccoli, pour hot mix into baked pastry shell, and
sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 min.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. I've heard you're a fabulous cook from Jason!!

Barb Elder said...

Thanks! I don't know if I am a fabulous cook but I like to cook. This is a crowd pleaser. This was served at a RS dinner and everyone loved it.

Barb Elder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.