Thursday, January 3, 2008

Spinach Calzone

Filling:
  • 1 pint ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
  • 1 box frozen spinach, thaw & squeeze dry

Thaw frozen rolls (Rhodes Texas Size) in refrigerator overnight. ( I don't always do this I just let them thaw for a few hours on the counter it works) Knead two rolls together and flatten dough into round. Place 1/3 cup filling in dough & fold oven and seal edges. Brush with egg and let rise about 45 minutes. ( I don't do this ether I just put them in the over after I seal the edge.) Bake 350 degrees until they are golden brown, about 20 to 30 min. Serve with heated sauce. (Prego or Ragu)

5 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Yum! I love this recipe!! Thanks for posting it.

Kellie said...

Those sound delicious! I'm making them tonight!!

brittany said...

that sounds so yummy! i'm gonna have to try it out on the williams kids this week... :) (no worries, most of them like spinach)

Kat said...

Yummy! I'll be trying those this week. I'm going to have to go to the store first since, ya know, we have no food. Argh.

Kat said...

Hey Barbara--I have 2 questions about this recipe...

-Do you mix the egg in with the other ingredients, or is it only for brushing the dough?

-About how many rolls do you need the recipe?

I bought all the stuff, and I wanna make it tomorrow, but realized I didn't know about these things! Thanks!