Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I love to sew!


I used to sew all the time when Jessie was little. I made most of her church dresses and some play clothes. Then I started buying clothes for her because you could buy cheaper then you could sew. I hated getting my sewing machine out and putting it away everyday, so I quit sewing. When we moved in to the new house I got my own office with my sewing machine up all the time. Now I sew and just shut the door. This is an apron that I made for a dear friend for her birthday. Happy Birthday Jill I hope you like it!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that apron! It sure looks cute on the adorable model! It sounds like fun to sew. I used to sew dresses for Stacey when she was little too. Then I quit sewing for the same reason you did. Plus I didn't like to get the sewing machine out and then put it away.

Kellie said...

Way to go Barb! I'll take one - with the body to match!!!

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

I love it! How cute.. I remember sewing PJ Pants for girls camp at your house! :) So much fun! My mom gave me a sewing machine for my wedding and I am excited to make a quilt! I have the batting stuff but I havent been able to decide on material! Anyways.. yes, we need to come by soon!

Pat said...

You ar turning into a Lila Tuller. You make a bunch and I will sell them for you. We could make millions. I know you don't nee it but I do.

Sommer said...

That is darling! I love to sew too, but I am at the stage of pulling my sewing machine out and making a huge mess in the dining room, so it doesn't happen often.

jill said...

I haven't been reading blogs latley so just got updated on yours love the apron your so talented thanks so much. Maybe I can start cooking more I really do love to cook.