Thursday, April 17, 2008

BLOKUS




Ever Thursday night at my house is a late night. My girls don't have school on Fridays and nether does Geoff. I wanted a home that kids would come to, and they do. I just got this game last week (Blockus) we have been playing it a lot. Geoff and his friends come home and got hooked. This is Geoff, Brandt, Cole, and Hailey. As you can see it is 11:50 pm and they are still playing. I am going to go to bed.
How to play Blokus
Each player places his/her pieces on the board in turn, with the purpose of placing
a maximum number of pieces on the board.
• Essential constraint: the pieces of the same color must touch each other by one or
more angles, but must never touch along the sides. You therefore need to use strategy and anticipation to extend your own territory while at
the same time blocking your opponents. Each piece is different and each move can be decisive !
(When I went to St. George a couple of weeks ago my friend Sue Gubler had the game).

No comments: