Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Warning....




Rylie and Lydia school nerds 

Rylie is my last child in school. Her and Lydia were nerds. I can't believe Rylie is getting this old and I can't believe I am getting this old. She is so much fun. 

Here is a great recipe for Black Licorice Caramels 

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 C sugar
1 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. anise oil
3/4 tsp. black paste food color

Mix everything but the oil and color in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Cook and stir until firm ball stage until 236-238
Add anise oil and black coloring. Pour into buttered glass dish. Let cool,
then wrap in caramel wrappers.

I got this recipe from my friend Jackie's blog click here for more great recipes and a lot of other
great ideas and fun. 

Happy Halloween!!! 

1 comment:

Jessie Evans said...

Rylie and Lydia look so cute!