Monday, October 29, 2007

My Dad needs our prayers

My Dad and His Wife Lila.
As most of you know Grandpa Merrill went to the hospital yesterday, Thursday, October 25. They were only home for about fifteen minutes from their Holy Land trip before they headed to the hospital. He once again was having a hard time breathing. He was transported in an ambulance from the small hospital in Mariposa to the Fresno Community Hospital. Last night they did exploratory surgery and determined that he needed to have open-heart surgery to clear the blockage which is causing his problems. He received a priesthood blessing before his surgery last night. He also has bronchitis and so they need to tend to that first and get rid of that infection before they can do surgery. As of today, they are hoping to do the surgery on Monday. He seems to be doing well, but he is concerned. He said that he isn’t ready to “go” yet. Lila is having a hard time with this also. They both could use our prayers. The phone number to the hospital is 559-459-6000 and he is in room 420-B.
As of an hour ago he went into surgery. He his a very healthy 80 year old man. My sister Judy and I are going out there as soon as we can get a flight. I love my Dad very much. He has always been a good father and strong priesthood leader in our home. Any prayers on his behalf will be welcomed. Thanks you fellow bloggers for your love and friendship.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He is such a kind man. I'll be thinking of him and remember him in my prayers.

Kellie said...

Thanks for the update, Barb. I'm slow at reading my blogs today so I'm glad you called. Have a good trip.