Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Dad is amazing

I came to Calif with my sister Judy to be with my Dad and Lila. We got here yesterday. My Dad was in surgery when we got here. We were able to see him after the surgery. He was still very sleepy. So it wasn't until today that we got to visit with him. He looks great but has a long recovery. They were going to do a triple bypass but when they opened him up he needed four bypass. He is loved by everyone in the hospital because of his sense of humor. They will have a hard time keeping him down. He is almost 81, but wow what a guy. You would never know it. I am so grateful for all of my family and friends who have been praying for him. Thanks, what would I do without you!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It sounds like the surgery went well. So glad that you and Judy could be with him. Your Dad is Amazing! Please tell him I wish him well in his recovery!

andrea said...

I am so glad he is doing well! Your previous prayer request tugged at my heartstrings, and although I didn't have time to comment, I have been thinking about you and your family. I'm so glad you were able to get there and that news is good. Treasure all the time you have him!

Jessie said...

I'm glad things went well and you are all enjoying your time together there. I love you mom!

Debbie Allen said...

Lila, Judy and you took care of everything while I was gone. Sister are the best! I'm glad they had you two to keep help build up spirits.