Tuesday, February 26, 2008

52 Blessing Project Week 8

I am grateful for a good and faithful mother. She loved the calling of motherhood. She was a stay-at-home mother. My mother had a great power and influence in the lives of her children. She kept the commandments, and she multiplied and replenished the earth. She had seven children. Her first one died after six weeks. All six of her children have been married in the temple. Five of them have served missions. To this day, all six of us are very active in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
My mother was a good homemaker. She taught all of her daughter to sew, cook, and to love the calling of motherhood. I believe that my greatest lesson she taught me was the love of the temple. My father and mother served a temple mission in the Denver Colorado Temple. My mother worked in the Arizona Temple before and after her mission. She pass away 12 years ago in Feb. of cancer. She was on her death bed when her temple recommend expired. Although she was unable to go to the temple, she called her bishop and stake president to have them renew her recommend. She wanted to always have a current one. Because of her great example to me, I have the love of the temple and am blessed with a desire to attend on a weekly basis. I love the temple, I love motherhood and I love the Lord. Thanks to my mother.

2 comments:

Debbie Allen said...

She was the best mom and I miss her tons. I wish I could just talk to her as I have so much to talk to her about.

Kellie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom! Thanks!!