Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Best Ever Sugar Cookies!


Thursday night our Relief Society is going to do a
Valentine Day Extravaganza!
They will be sharing great ideas to make your holiday special.
Here is a great Sugar Cookie Recipe that my friend Lynette is going to share.
(Lynette and I were missionary companions, now we live it the same ward and are VT companions . She was one of my favorite missionary companions.)

Best Ever Sugar Cookies

Lynette Kern

2 cubes margarine (I use butter) room temp
cream butter and add 1 ½ cups sugar
- Add 2 eggs
- Add ½ cup milk
- Add ½ tsp salt
- Add 1 ½ tsp vanilla
Mix 1 tsp baking soda with 2 T warm
water in a separate cup - Add to batter
(can add 2 T sour cream if desired)
Mix together on low setting-should look
like cottage cheese.
- Add 3 3/4 to 4 cups non-sifted flour stir
in with spoon.

- Chill 3 to 4 hours
- Roll out on floured wax paper 1/4 to 1/3
inch thick.
- Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes

Frosting:
Soften 1 cube butter
Add: 1 to 2 ½ cups powder sugar,
1 ½ tsp vanilla, 2 T whip cream,
food coloring.

3 comments:

Tawni said...

Awesome, I will definately have to try those!! I LOVE sugar cookies.

Cheryl said...

Those cookies sound delicious and look beautiful! It really makes me want to make some!

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

Speaking of Valentines day Barb.. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for all you have done for me!