Sunday, February 8, 2009

A tribute to my Mother. She is the BEST!!

My mother was buried in Arizona
My mom passed away 13 years ago Febuary 9th. Oh how I miss her. The Lord gave me the best mother for me. She was a good a faithful women. She love the Lord and love to serve him. She taught her children the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She loved my dad very much and served him well. This quote by President David O. Mckay was on her program for her Funeral.

"Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either of good or ill in human life. She who paints a masterpiece or writes a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt throughout generations to come....deserves the highest honor that a man can give, and the choicest blessings of God."

My mothers Patriarchal Blessing says " I bless you with the privilege of raising them (her children) up according to the pattern of the gospel, teaching them first to have faith in God, in His teachings, principles, and commandments, and if you will do this with a love of the gospel in your heart I promise you that you shall never lose your children in the faith."

Wow what a blessing. She was wonderful at teaching us. To this day we are all faithful in the Gospel. Thank you mom for your love and devotion to your children, husband and the Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, I can't even imagine how much you must miss your sweet Mother... I talk to my Mom everyday, your post reminded me how much I love her and how important it is to tell her. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Kellie said...

What a sweet and wonderful tribute to your mom. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow remembering her!

Macie said...

That is such an awesome quote on motherhood. Thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

I wish I was able to meet Grandma Merrill. She sounds like such an amazing woman. To raise girls like you, Judy, and Debbie, she must've been.