Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blessings.










I am not a writer, I think that a picture are worth a thousand words. But I am going to try to write some of my feelings. Yesterday we had family pictures taken. I wanted to share with you an experience I had while having our pictures taken. Our cute photographer Kate Benson just had baby number three. She asked me what I thought, should she have more children? All of the sudden a flood of emotion hit me. I begin to tear up. "YES" I said"have more kids!" As I looked at my four beautiful children, and son in-law. A gift from my Heavenly Father. What great joy and blessings they are in my life.

President Jame E. Faust "While few human challenges are greater than that of being good parents, few opportunities offer greater potential for joy. Surely no more important work is to be done in this world than preparing our children to be God-fearing, happy, honorable, and productive. Parents will find no more fulfilling happiness than to have their children honor them and their teachings. It is the glory of parenthood. John testified, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”

All of you know that being a parent is not easy. But at that moment when Kate asked if she should have more my joy was full. I would not be who I am today if I were not a mother, if I didn't have the blessing and opportunity to have children. My children have made choices that have brought me to my knees. ( I am sure my parents were on their knees on my behalf) I have learned to trust the Lord, and turned it over to God. I am very proud of each one of my children. They are not perfect, but neither am I. They are doing good things and we are moving forward. I am very blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father every day to be a mother. I love my children very much!!

6 comments:

The Ashtons said...

You have such a beautiful family, Barb! I feel like I have known you deuring all the times these pictures have been taken. I am so glad you are such a good friend for my mom. Our family sure loves you and your family!

Anita said...

Thanks for the post. I love being a mom as well, and I miss having my brood around me. I can't believe that they are grown and on their own and that I am also a grandma. I never thought I would be so blessed to have six amazing and beautiful children. And though at time I have also been brought to my knees out of their choices that did not lead them down the path I forsaw for them. I love them all so very much. I am blessed...

Kellie said...

What a great post! I love those family pictures. They are priceless. Well said too. Thanks so much!

Cheryl said...

I love that quote from James E. Faust. It was so inspiring and you are a wonderful mother and writer. The pictures of your family are beautiful and Jason is very fortunate to be blessed by you and your family. My day feels a little better after reading your sweet post! Thanks for being such a great example of love and faith.
P.S. I saw your cute sister yesterday at church!

Anonymous said...

GREAT photo's over the years, how cute!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.