Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tyler Stillwell Gray


By: Juanita. Tyler's wife.
Rest In Peace
Tyler Stillwell Gray
February 11th, 1982 - November 14th, 2004
How do I write this? My entire body is trembling and my eyes are swelled up with tears. How do I say that on November 14th 2004 at 10:39 am I watched the great love of my life take his very last breath. Tyler Stillwell Gray is gone. My husband. My best friend. The ultimate love of my life is gone. He went to a place that I cannot even begin to fathom.

He overdosed on heroin Saturday night. I spent the entire night with his mother and father. We sat by his side till the very end. He was a vegetable. The only part of his brain that was still functioning was the part that told him to breath and even that part needed help. He had tubes and wires everywhere. I knew exactly when he left his body. His mother Judy and father Russell and I had just barely walked into the room. He opened his eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes of his. Judy and I walked closer to his bed. Judy called out Tyler's name. The nurse came in and we asked her if he could see us. I knew that he could. Then his heart stopped and he left his body.

If you would like to read more click here.


The hard things we must go through in life. Tyler is my nephew. This is a very sad thing that we had to go through, DRUGS ARE BAD!!! I am so sad that my sister had to experience this trial in her life. This has been a hard thing for my sister and her family. My sister is a rock. I love her dearly and am glad, for the things I have learned by just being her sister. God bless you for the example you are to me and others. I love you tons. Sisters are the BEST!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy is so strong and so beautiful. I love her spirit and her eternal hope and faith.

bulkleybunch said...

sisters are the best, and i'm sure you helped her through this tragedy. tyler was one of my brother steven's best friends. we loved him. he was so sweet and wonderful. my husband's brother, jesse, overdosed in 2005. it was horrible, i'm sure your sister still needs your love and support. you are so great. thanks for posting this. drugs happen to good people. we need more education on the effects drugs inevitably cause.

Anonymous said...

That tribute was heartbreaking. I made my teenager read it! Thank you for sharing it :)

Courtney and Hyrum said...

I'm so grateful for such a perfect mother-in-law and a perfect aunt barb!!! You both are such amazing examples! I got so so lucky to marry into such a loving family!! It was always meant to be. Love you!

The Ashtons said...

I remember when I had a crush on Tyler in 5th grade. What a cute kid. I wish things would have gone differently for him. I think Judy is such a great lady. I always love to see her at American Quilting. Tell her hi for me and that I think about her and Tyler and wish all the best to the Grays.

Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart that Tyler passed away so young, he was so handsome and strong. I am sad that we never really got to know him, and that Sky and Solee won't know him. Judy is an amazing and beautiful woman, I am so grateful for her for raising Tyler and can't even imagine what she has gone through.
Love you, Wendy