Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hang on Folks: By Annie Ashton.

I got this off of Annie Aston's blog. She says it so well.


I've got to get this off my chest. If you voted for Obama, I still like you. Really.

First of all, I want to acknowledge the fact that it is remarkable that a black man has become President of the United States. I appreciate that our nation has been able to get over race in a civil rights aspect. That truly is historic. I wonder how many people voted for him because of his color and that history, or because of Obama's change-themed campaign.
Well, America, what kind of change are you going to get, exactly? You just voted for President of the United States, a man who has only been a senator for 4 years. 2 of those have been spent campaigning for this office. Seriously, the guy is just words, just speeches, aside from the following votes that are quite defining:
You just voted for a man who voted against the partial-birth abortion ban, a practice that is vile.
You just voted for a man who voted against helping a baby who survived a botched abortion, claiming that that might make the mother rethink her decision. Ya think? How is that any different than murder?
You just voted for a man who is pro-gay marriage. If people in this country think that that values of their leader is inconsequential, I would beg you to consider otherwise.
In addition, I don't believe it is the right of anyone in this county to decide how much is too much to make, financially. So many people in this race are looking to him for hand-outs, not hand-ups. I am happy to give hand-ups, but not the other.
Unfortunatly, the only way Obama was elected was through the darling lens of the media. If this race had been covered fairly and Obama's potential problems and questionable past given any scrutiny, if Obama was not a thin, hip, handsome, Oprah's guy, this race would likely have had a different outcome.
I really hope that my doubts will be proved wrong. But if not, Mitt in 2012, PLEASE.

And I almost forgot yesterday's ray of light:
It's looking like Prop. 8 has passed in California! What a victory for families!!

Thanks Annie very well said. God bless America, We Need it!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Thanks for posting that, Barb. Very well said, indeed!

Anita said...

Thank you for that post, interesting how I was feeling the same way and just couldn't seem to find the words, thank you again...