Monday, April 13, 2009

"Blessed" a poem by my friend Lindy Allen



I love this poem by my friend Lindy. It says it all enjoy....


I feel blessed to have chosen Heavenly Fathers Plan
To be born at this time, and to be who I am
I am blessed to have all my children still small
Who make me feel busy and loved and on the ball
I am blessed with my friends, so few yet so filling
Who help me and love me and always are willing
I am blessed with the spirit that guides me with care
To help those around me and when to beware
I am guilty of trusting people around me too much
I often am hurt and knocked down by their touch
But I must be accepting and not quick to find fault
Indeed I dont know their troubles and thoughts
So I am writing this down, so I remember I'm blessed
With a house full of family and often times guests
I am blessed with a concern and love for whom I meet
And seem to feel their burdens no matter how weak
I am blessed with enough to help and reach out
To those who need help, the promptings I don't doubt
In these hard times of stress I'm trying to focus
On the things that are good, that people matter most
I wish I could fix the problems and pain
That affect so many in this time of distain
But, fix I cannot, although I can press on
And do what I can to help others move on
When what I want is to stay in my bed
And shut the light out with blankets over my head
On my knees I must fall and plead with the Lord
That my burdens may be light and my mind on board
I am so blessed in my life to know YOU
To listen and learn from my friends, though they are few
I choose friends with care and they fit no one pattern
All different, all special, All to me very much matter
I listen with care as I try to fill needs
I hope I can fill up where lacking you may be
I feel so blessed and will shirk negative thoughts
Brought by economy and news and feelings distraught
I am blessed with a home and a family so dear
The things that matter to me are always near
As I love my kids and they share their love
I hope I can teach that what matters is above
We all chose the plan, which is why we are here
The spirit promised to stay close when hope disappears
I feel blessed with my knowledge and covenants I've made
I hope to share what Christ for me gave
So in this time of much turmoil and fear
I have trust in the Lord, and know he is near
I am blessed.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that poem too! It says it all and I love the picture of your family in front of the temple. That is so sweet with your cute kids when they were young!

The Wells Family said...

awesome poem, thanks for sharing it with your blogging friends!