Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day/Weekend Celebration

Thursday night we went to Sundance for dinner. The Foundry Grill. Scott had his favorite a wedge salad, roasted Brussels sprouts and Garlic fries. I had the Pork chop. Her is a picture of our divine desert brownie in a pan with peppermint ice cream.  


We went to the cabin on Friday afternoon for a romantic get away. We stopped a Costa Vida for lunch. Our favorite.  


Saturday afternoon to the Provo Temple for a session. My favorite temple. 


Today we will celebrate our family love for each other with a yummy family dinner. 
Here is a little love advice from a Prophet of God Harold B. Lee
"As I look at the experiences of our brethren and hear their testimonies, I become persuaded of one great truth: Whenever the Lord has a great blessing for one of his children, he puts that son or daughter in the way to make a great sacrifice....
"If in this day the Church rises to the call of the First Presidency, and if Church members sacrifice of their means, their time, their talents for the upbuilding of the kingdom of God, not withholding their own lives, if that were necessary, then there will come to this people, and to that individual who thus is willing to consecrate himself, the greatest joy that can come to the human soul.
"God bless us that we might teach our youth the way by which this happiness will come, and let us plan our [activities] for youth in such a way to give youth the opportunity to [serve] their leaders rather than for their leaders to make all the sacrifice for the benefit of youth. Give them the joy of service and expect from them such sacrifices as may be necessary to build the faith necessary to lay hold upon eternal life (1 Tim. 6:19)."

We played a love walk. (like cake walk)  We walked around until the music stopped and when we landed on the heart we read what it said. Some were do jumping jacks, tell us what you like about______. Give the person on your right a hug. Tell the person on your left that you love them. Etc. The grand kids liked it. We celebrated love.

I shared with Scott what I love about him/us. I LOVE the way he takes care of everyone. He is a strong good provider. I LOVE the way he loves me. I feel love and appreciated. I LOVE that we go to bed each night together. I LOVE that we snuggle. I LOVE his playfulness and he makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face. I LOVE that he loves The Lord and has faith is Christ. I LOVE how he is a human doing. Always doing and getting things done. I LOVE how I feel loved. 
Happy love day!

No comments: