Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Gathering of Friends.



Breta, Me, Melaine, Racheal, Karen, and Annette

We are part of a grand sisterhood, who derive great pleasure from hearth and home, there is something wonderful about carefully preparing and sharing a meal with another. My friend Lindy Allen gave me this book " The Gathering of Friends. ( You can get it at Four Chairs) Each meal is outlined with a complete menu, photographed with table dressings and place settings. Each recipe is simple. In chapter eleven the menu "An Afternoon with Friends". Today was Breta Finlinson's birthday. (we also celebrated Karen Strongs and Reachel Williams birthdays theirs in Febuary) So instead of going out to lunch I had the luncheon at my home. We had Mexican Chicken Crescent Squares, Barley and Mushroom Pilaf, Spinach Salad and Pumpkin Surprise.

I lived in their neighborhood for over 22 years. I miss them so much. They are all great friends of mine. I am grateful for the love and support through the years. We had a great time. Thanks girls for coming. The Lord has truly blessed me with good and righteous friends women who want so badly to do what is right and a great example to me.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

How fun and such wonderful women! We need to get together soon - I miss talking to you!

Cheryl said...

What a great gathering of friends. I'm sure the food was delicious. Jessie is such a wonderful cook too! I also loved the pictures of Kyle's homecoming especially the one with Judy giving Kyle a hug! What a sweet sister you have!