Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rely on the Protective Power of Prayer.

Elder M. Russell Ballard

The Doctrine and Covenants teaches, “Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work” (D&C 10:5).

What a wonderful promise! In this spiritual warfare that rages over individual souls, that is what we want more than anything else—to conquer Satan and to escape the hands of evil men and women who carry out his work. I cannot stress too highly the protective power that comes into our lives through earnest, humble, consistent, yearning prayer.

I want to conquer Satan! I want that protective power!


3 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

Me too! AMEN!

Anita said...

I am with you! I want to be one of those women who can't be stopped by the power evil. It seems the advesary is constantly tempting our family, but the power of prayer works as does the power of the priesthood to protect our familys.
Thank you for sharing your testimony...

Rachel said...

Barb-you are always so inspiring to me. I just logged on to see what my good friend (I was going to say "old" but thought better of that)has been up to, and I got my spiritual message for the day!Thanks for being such a good friend and example to me. I also saw the pictures from New Years Eve-what a fun evening. Thanks for inviting us and always making fun plans!