Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Celebrating 25 years of Marriage

My best friend and eternal companion.




“The most important single thing that any Latter-day Saint ever does in this world is to marry the right person, in the right place, by the right authority.” Bruce R. McConkie

Scott and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary Dec 5th. I thought I would share a little of our courtship, the way I saw it. In May of 1983 my missionary companion that I love the most. (Lynette White Kern) come home from her mission and we decided to go dancing at the Star Palace in Provo. I knew the owner and wanted to go. When we walked in, Scott was there on business. He did a music video for Bryan Chater. He was talking to the owner. When he saw me, he knew he was going to marry me. I was engaged at the time to an Elder from my mission. ( at that time things didn't look so good with the engagement) So Scott asked the owner to hire me. He also asked me to dance that night. We did. I thought he was cute, but he is not a return missionary. I was going to marry a return missionary, so I was not interested. I got hired and Scott come to the Star Palace a lot. After five months of him asking me out every week. I finally went out with him. We dated for two weeks and I asked him to marry me. We were married six weeks later in the SLC Temple. I couldn't be happier!

Scott is a great husband and father. The things I love about Scott the most is he is a man of his word. He has so much integrity, when he says he is going to do something you can trust him. He is kind, gentle, giving, willing snuggle with me at night, at the age of 15 he read the Book of Mormon in one night felt the Spirit and was converted, and has never looked back, fun to be with, forgiving, the most Christ like person I know. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him and all eternity.

5 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Happy 25 years Mom and Dad!! I love you guys soooooo much.

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great love story! So fun to hear again how it was love at first sight and I loved seeing all the pictures. Your wedding picture is so pretty and you still look so young and in love!

brittany said...

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing all of those photos! P.s. You guys are gorgeous!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

It is so fun to see all these pictures and hear your story! You make such a cute couple! I hope you have another 25 splendid years together.

Brianna Merrill said...

Congrats on 25 years! The two of you are amazing and we love you so much. I enjoyed the pictures, it is fun to see the fashion trends of the last 25 years! You two look great, best wishes for the next 25 years!