Thursday, May 28, 2009

A good read.

I just finished this book. Love it! It's about the war in heaven. It's the first novel in a new series, The Great and Terrible, In the time before Creation, before so many of the children of God turned away from their Father and walked knowingly in the dark, there was a choosing, a sifting, a contest of ideas and a battle for souls. There could be only one plan and one Savior. The children of God had to make a choice. And thus did the great premortal war being.
As the battle between good and evil touched every soul, all of God's children had to chose which side they were on, which principles they would fight for, and what price they would fight for, and what price they would pay.
In this contest before mortality, each of us learned the first lessons of life: The great ones may fall. The wicked can change. The weak and the foolish can become the strongest of all. The battle between good and evil is the same regardless of time or place.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Sounds amazing, will look for it next time I go to Deseret. Have you ever read Starchild, love that book, one of my favorites.

Deb Dowdle said...

I've read the whole series and love them. I know Chris well ... used to work with him. He's a great man and a wonderful author. ENJOY!

Deb

Brianna Merrill said...

I recently re-read this book. I read it several years ago when it first came out. I love it as well. It paints such an interesting picture for your mind. Have fun getting caught up in the rest of the series!