Friday, May 29, 2009

Are prayers answered? Pictures have nothing to do with this post. Just added for fun.

Pictures from our swim party yesterday.




With all the hard times in the world today and the trials people are facing. I thought I would share this Ensign article with you. I read it this morning and it really helped me. I have thought a lot about pray and how and when it is answered. I have study pray in the scriptures. I have been praying for a certain blessing and desire a of my heart for a very long time. For many years. I know that the Lord hears my prayers and I even know that in his own way he is answering my pray. Not in a way I want but in his way. In the June Ensign President Uchtdorf share a article "Prayer and the Blue Horizon" You should read it. But here is a part the confirms what I already have learned. That is why we need Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are prayers answered? I testify that they are.
Can we receive divine help, wisdom and support from heavenly realms? Again, I testify with certainty that such is the case.
Obedience assures us an answer to our prayers. We read in the New testament that "whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight" (1 John 3:22)
The answers to our prayers come in the Lord's due time. Sometimes we may become frustrated that the Lord has delayed answering our prayers. In such time we need to understand that He knows whats best for His child, and being a perfect God, He will answer our prayers perfectly and in the perfect time.

Love this article. I am grateful for pray and the many things I have learned through trials and many many many hours on my knees. Pray always and be believing.

5 comments:

Macie said...

Wow, thanks for posting that. I really needed that right now. We are in the middle of making major decisions and it's good to be reminded that we can receive personal revelation from the Lord.

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

Barb, you writing this proves why I love you so much. You are such an amazing inspired woman. You are amazing to me, and my spiritual example. I miss you

jill said...

I love to read your blog its always so uplifting, thanks for always sharing your thoughts and feelings with me. Thanks for letting my kids come swim and me of course I love it.. see ya soon

Heather said...

I loved this article too. Thanks for sharing it with me! I miss our long talks on the bus, but I love looking at your blog.

leslie said...

Someday I'll have to share one of my answers to a prayer with you. It solidified my testimony. Love your blog and your awesome family!