Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sam the Man or Iron man Sam You are missed


  A match made in Heaven. They would wear matching shirts a lot. 

 This family is Forever!
 Sean is the oldest and Samuel in the younger brother. 
 Carolyn was is an angle care giver
True Love




My amazing brother Sam passed away last Saturday April 23, 2016. He is 17 months older then me. His wife Carolyn is in our prayers. She has been his angel care giver for the last 14 years. In high school he had a cancerous tumor pressing on his optic nerve. We were told he could die during a proposed operation for the removal of the tumor. He survived with the loss of his eye sight in his in his right eye. In high school he was a state champ wrestler at 98-pounds. A news paper article written about him in high school says " Sam? Small? Maybe physically but inside he's got a giant amount of courage and spunk. He's really a heavyweight in a small package Sam may lose a battle now and then but he's already won the war."This could not be more true about him and it's the same for Carolyn. May she feel the embrace of our Savior and know he would say to her. "Well done my faithful daughter." I adore you Carolyn.


Sam and I were close; he is just a 17 months older then I am. He was an amazing older brother. He was always looking out for me. He loved to tease me. He was the best at it. I remember a lot of adventures with him in our younger years. We always lived were there was a lot of land to explore. We would play a lot together outside. As we got older I remember he had a lot of handsome friends. When we lived in Provo together he would set me up on dates and I would do the same for him. We would look out for each other. When I got engaged to my husband Scott, we had only dated for two weeks before getting engaged. So the first time Sam met Scott we were engaged. Sam was hurt and upset. So he let me have it right in front of Scott. Scott is a convert and didn’t serve a mission. And Sam didn’t know him. So it was understandable that he was concerned and expressed his concerns openly. Sam was just looking out for me as he had always done throughout my life. He was a great older brother who strived to do what was right. A great example. 

No comments: